Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sindbad
New Contributor

VPN Ipsec is up but can’t ping

I have a fortigate on v6. I have setup ipsec vpn. It’s connected to a sophos xg firewall. The vpn is showing up. I can’t ping. I have on both firewalls the policy enabled for vpn to lan and lan to vpn. I have static route added on fortigate. I see incoming log but outgoing log is 0. I hope someone can help me.
28 REPLIES 28
SirichaiJi

I need FG's brand site can send log record to nas (In Thailand must record at latest 90 days) 

But we have only one Nas device at HQ 

VPN : Site to Site

HQ Device : Fortigate 50E

Brand Device : Fortigate 50E

NAS : Qnap( TS-431 X2) 

Ashik_Sheik

Can u share highlevel network design and show the component if possible with IP .

If branch devices want to send which log (Syslog ) to NAS server and from which branch device you want to send (Fortigate ) ?

I am unable to understand your problem .

Regds,

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
SirichaiJi

HQ and Brand conntected via VPN Site to Site

Brand's FTG (192.168.100.1)want to send syslog to NAS server(192.168.10.26)

Question how to work ? 

HQ's FTG 192.168.10.1/24

HQ's LAN 192.168.10.0/24

Nas 192.168.24/29 

Nas server 192.168.10.26

Brand's FTG 192.168.100.1/24

Brand's LAN 192.168.100.0/24             

vangvc

Dear Ashik,

I am having the same problem from checkpoint can ping local Fortinet. But from Fortinet I can't ping local checkpoint.

Please help me in case. Thanks.

SirichaiJi

Opss! I test close webUI after i open webUi i tested FG-Brand ping to client's HQ can not ping. How can make ping all time (send log)

shafeekshefi

can you please explain here what exactly ashiq did. I have same issue here, i have configured vpn with fortigate80f with draytek, i can ping from draytek but i can't ping from fortigate but the tunnel is up.
thank you..   

vangvc
New Contributor

Hi Sindbad,

I see this issue, you fixed it. please help me. I have error similar you.

"@Ashik helped me through a remote session. Changed a policy and now I can ping from FG LAN to Sophos LAN.   All working and thanks to @Ashik!"

khalilbouzaiene1
Contributor

helle friend please if find the solution for this problem tell me , i'm facing the same issue here  with me 

rraragon
New Contributor

In Sophos XG is necessary enabled Ping over VPN, this solves you issues with ping.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 091730.png

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors