Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mello_03
New Contributor

VPN France live box

Hi guys. I have this problem: I need to configure ipsec vpn between 2 fortigate firewall, one in France (fortigate 50A) and one to my company in Italy (fortigate 100A). I ask for a public ip address to reserve for the fortigate 50A, but they have an Orange live box with only one static ip address. The live box not work with transparent mode, but the firewall is manageble The live box have the ip address 192.168.1.1, and the servers in my company reachable by vpn have the same subnet. How can i do the vpn tunnel? If i connect the fortigate to the live box and assign ip 192.168.1.2 and forward port 4500 and 500 udp in the live box for fortigate, the tunnel will be create? How can i made the tunnel in this situation? Thanks for your reply!
3 REPLIES 3
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

hello and welcome, assuming that french side can give internet access to device behind the orange, define in your 100A an Ipsec dialup VPN and you' re done. (In your french 50A you' ve to configured an IPsecVPN with your 100A wan data) regards

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
mello_03

Thanks for your reply I miss something :) Ok, all pc, handheld ecc ecc behind orange router have internet access, but they are configured in lan 192.168.1.0/24, and my server behind 100A are 192.168.1.0/24 How can I configure 50A in french? I assume that the lan interface can be 192.168.1.254 connect to Orange router (192.168.1.1), but the wan? In 50A i configure ipsec phase 1 to 100A public ip address In 100A? I am confused
abelio

Hi,
In 100A?
dialup vpn; i.e.:
 config vpn ipsec phase1-interface
     edit " fromFrance" 
         set type dynamic
         set interface " <portX>" 
         set localid " italia" 
         set proposal 3des-sha1 3des-md5
         set mode aggressive
         set psksecret <your_PSK>