Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nathan_emerson
New Contributor

VNC to SSL VPN client

I was unable to locate anything useful through the search, would anyone be able to let me know if it is possible to VNC/ping etc to a client machine connecting to our internal network via SSL VPN. 

The client has no trouble connecting to internal resources or resources in other remote locations connected back to the HQ through ipsec tunnels. The client can ping, rdp, vnc to these resources withouth issue. We cannot however ping or vnc back to the client from any internal locations. 

Looking at the firewall flow debuggin we can see the request hit the firewall, picks up the correct policy, gateway is ssl.root and appears to be sent. We simply get no results from or connection to the client.

Thanks,

Nathan

1 REPLY 1
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Do you have a network diagram that shows the ip addresses?

Off the top of my head, I would confirm a few things:

1. You have a policy from internal-network (from where you want to VNC from) > ssl.root

2. If you have configured split tunnelling, please ensure that the IP/subnet of the computer you are connecting from has been populated in the ssl users routing table. ie: If you are trying to VNC from 192.168.1.100, check the users routing table to confirm that 192.168.1.100 would route through the ssl vpn.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors