Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
antars
New Contributor

VMWare Appvolumes not working with Forticlient SSL. APPX Forticlient in Windows Server?

Hi,

I have a problem with forticlient 6.0.2 and windows server running in a VM with VMWare appvolumes service. The client in the base machine (gold image) connects properly to the VPN, but when I enable appvolumes and attach an appstack, the VPN stucks at 98% and connection is never established. Trying to debug, I've found out that the Fortigate SSLVPN virtual ethernet adapter device seems to fail just before the connection is established (at that moment with 98%, it appears under device manager with a warning symbol, with an error code 41 stating that the driver was successfully loaded but the device is not found). If I first establish the connection (without appvolumes enabled), and after it is established I attach the volumes, then it works for the whole session until I log out or reboot the machine... but I cannot do that in my environment (appvolumes needs to be running from the very beginning).

As an alternative, I'm trying to install the APPX package of forticlient in a Windows 2016 machine. I've installed the required dependencies as provided in the Business Windows Store. The APPX installs fine, and the Forticlient appears as VPN provider in the new VPN wizzard. However, when I try to connect I get an error stating "No such interface supported", and if I check in event viewer there is a 20227 event with error "CoId={1387F798-928D-47CD-B79B-3DD44C3FD2D6}: The user <hidden> dialed a connection named Test VPN which has failed. The error code returned on failure is -2147467262."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors