Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Nuur
New Contributor

VLANS are not functioning in my lap

I Have WAN and LAN port.

But I am trying to create vlans under the lan port, see the pictures

The LAN(port2) network is working fine on my vm's. It works also through dhcp server relay.

The ip adresses of my 2 vlans created under the LAN(port2) are not working in my vm's. and they cannot reach my Vm's.

I also created firewall policy from the VLANs to the WAN port, but that doesnt work either

I Am using Hyper-v Environment.

Any Suggestions please?

Schermafbeelding 2024-05-09 201518.pngSchermafbeelding 2024-05-09 203037.png

10 REPLIES 10
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

Accoardng to your screenshots on FortiGate Side you alreaday created a trunk on Port2 (LAN) which has the two Vlans and port2 itself. This means traffic that hits the FGT and has a vid of one of the two vlans will be hitting that vlan interface any other traffic will match based on destination ip and routing.

This also means that behind the port2 every hop between Port2 and your vms musst carry along those vids in both direction (which is what on switches you usually call a vlan-trunk). This makes sure that vlan tagged traffic can reach your vms.

This also includes that (as it is the last hop before your vms) HyperV also has to do that.

Alas I cannot say much about HyperV hence we only use vmware here. 

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors