Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BryEarthComm
New Contributor

VLAN on an SSID

I added a VLAN to an SSID and relaized it was in error, as i attempted to remove the VLAN from the SSID its returns and error "Input not as expected". I have removed any policies, addresses and interfaces using the vlan, with the same result.

Any help to find other reference points i may not have thought of would be a great help to remove this, thank you.

-Bry

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

That CLI error message generally shows up when you try to remove a system default profile or something similar, which doesn't make sense for a VLAN you created. You might need to open a ticket at TAC if a reboot wouldn't change the outcome.

View solution in original post

lobstercreed

As a general rule of thumb, you want to be on later versions than .2 in a release train.  .0 is no, .1 is no with sprinkles, and .2 is maybe only if it's been thoroughly tested (as you found, still buggy). 

When 6.2 is now all the way to .9 I would recommend running something later as far more bugs are likely to be fixed.   FWIW, 6.4 seems to be a better release train for most folks, and I've been running it for a year now.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BryEarthComm

Same result, after attempting to delete the host SSID to the vlan and deleting the vlan both result in the same error

BryEarthComm

# delete QVnet.83 
Can not delete a static table entry
Command fail. Return code -61
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

That CLI error message generally shows up when you try to remove a system default profile or something similar, which doesn't make sense for a VLAN you created. You might need to open a ticket at TAC if a reboot wouldn't change the outcome.

BryEarthComm

I was running 6.2.2, updated firmware to 6.2.4 and immediately was able to remove the VLAN and SSID

lobstercreed

As a general rule of thumb, you want to be on later versions than .2 in a release train.  .0 is no, .1 is no with sprinkles, and .2 is maybe only if it's been thoroughly tested (as you found, still buggy). 

When 6.2 is now all the way to .9 I would recommend running something later as far more bugs are likely to be fixed.   FWIW, 6.4 seems to be a better release train for most folks, and I've been running it for a year now.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors