Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tvidal
New Contributor

VLAN interface in LAG interface not working

Dear all, I tried since many days now to set up a VLAN interface under an aggregate interface. I tried a VLAN under a physical port without any problem. My product is a fortigate 100D v5.0,build0228 I deleted the physical switch on port 1 to 16 I created the LAG on port 7 and 8 (without IP address etc.. all settings by default) Then I added a new interface VLAN 100 on LAG interface just created, with an IP address 172.20.10.100/24, and with DHCP (from 101 to 199). I make the LAG and VLAN 100 on my netgear switch (GS748Tv3) and it is enable and up. I plugged two network cable from switch to port 7 and 8. I plugged a computer on the switch : it didn' t get IP address from DHCP ! I did the same with only one port 7 (no LAG) and it' s working ! Is it a bug ? Many thanks Thomas
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Doubt it' s a bug. Does the computer sit in vlan100, & does the lag sit in vlan 100 for the sub-interface on the FGT100D on the netgear

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
tvidal
New Contributor

Hi, Yes this is not a bug. This came from my switch. On the switch by default LACP is not enable. This is not a problem to create LAG and use LAG on the switch (as I am using LAG between switchs without problem and without LACP) , but this is a problem for the Fortigate ! Best regards Thomas
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I guess it would be a problem between switches of different vendors as well.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you post exactly what your doing and why you think it' s a problem with the FGT? Is the a problem with the LAG or DHCP related ( config a static host when your LAG enabled, can you ping your FGT inside interface once you allowed icmp {172.20.10.100} ? ) ? Is the DHCP server bond to the correct NAMED interface? ( we or at least I' m not 100% sure on what your problem is based on your 1st paragraph details ) But once you build the virtual interface, you can craft sub-interface specifying the virtual-interface as the parent and use that for your vpn,dhcp,etc........Just like with any other interface(s) Since you said netgear are you 100% sure it supports 802.3ad link-aggregation? Is the netgear active or passive in support of this? Also are you static or dynamic LAG groups? ( the former is not 802.3ad ) ? ( iirc it like a cisco-switch, does a static no-protocol LAG assembly .... that will not work with a fortigate ) FWIW iirc on a limited number of SOHO device did not support LAG interfaces. I would guess a FGT100D is not one of them. Also, I never seen problems w/fortinet support for 802.3ad btw.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors