Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ansari_altamash
New Contributor

VIP for CCTV access

Dear team,

I want to configure VIP for CCTV so that i can access it from outside. My firewall WAN 1 IP is 192.168.0.9 (DHCP) which takes from ISP modem as between ISP - firewall there is ISP modem. On ISP mode my public IP is 27.4.198.161. ISP modem gives private IP to firewall. My internal LAN IP is 192.168.1.0/24. CCTV IP is 192.168.1.180. VIP created  27.4.198.161=192.168.1.180 then policy created. But i found it wasn't working. I am also unable to ping 27.4.198.161.

Please guide me what i need to do.

PFA of diagram

Altamash

5 REPLIES 5
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

The best thing (from a troubleshooting and just simplicity stand point) would be to get the ISP to place the modem in bridge mode. This way, your FortiGate would get the external IP. From there you can just create a VIP and assign the proper ports or IPs to the internal address space for the CCTV.

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
ansari_altamash

Thanks for it ... Any route neede on ISP modem... Or any other way to configure
ede_pfau

As @MikePruett has posted: the modem gets the public IP address, not your FGT. The VIP won't work as the WAN port of the FGT will never see traffic with destination = public IP.

You have to change the modem config:

- either switch it into bridge mode and put the credential (username+pwd) onto the FGT or

- configure an "exposed host" (a.k.a. port forwarding) on the modem so that all traffic to the public address gets redirected to the FGT. Then use a VIP configured like you already did.

These are your options.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
ansari_altamash

Thanks for it ... Any route neede on ISP modem... Or any other way to configure
ansari_altamash

Thanks for the post..... Any route neede on ISP modem... Or any other way to configure
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors