Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
storaid
Contributor

VDOM link can not be removed by GUI..

hi, fortinet..

I think it's a bug...

when could you fix it???

5.2.4 or later??

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2

FSW224B x1

FWF60D x2 FWF60C x3 FGT80C rev.2 FGT200B-POE FAP220B x3 FAP221B x2 FSW224B x1
5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you check any dependency against  the  interface for the vdom link. Check out my blog on one of many ways to execute this.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-few-examples-of-how-to-do-dependency.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
storaid

emnoc wrote:

Did you check any dependency against  the  interface for the vdom link. Check out my blog on one of many ways to execute this.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-few-examples-of-how-to-do-dependency.html

I can find an ajax request has been sent when remove operation was executed..

but nothing happens...

it's no problem for removing VDOM-link via CLI...

FSW224B x1

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Open a case  with TAC, it could be a bug and needs tracking.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Christopher_McMullan

It may or may not end up being resolved as a bug, but in my mind it's more a question of unintended confusion. If I create an inter-VDOM link, then try to delete it from the GUI, I'm doing so under System > Network > Interfaces.

If you remove the link from the CLI, you're doing so under 'config system vdom-link', if I'm not mistaken.

The bug isn't so much the GUI trying to delete a VDOM link as it is the GUI trying to remove the link as an interface. The VDOM link, however, is a hybrid: it's an interface with a presence in multiple VDOMs, so it's dynamically generated with a trailing number to identify itself in a unique way in each VDOM.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

storaid

Christopher McMullan_FTNT wrote:

It may or may not end up being resolved as a bug, but in my mind it's more a question of unintended confusion. If I create an inter-VDOM link, then try to delete it from the GUI, I'm doing so under System > Network > Interfaces.

If you remove the link from the CLI, you're doing so under 'config system vdom-link', if I'm not mistaken.

The bug isn't so much the GUI trying to delete a VDOM link as it is the GUI trying to remove the link as an interface. The VDOM link, however, is a hybrid: it's an interface with a presence in multiple VDOMs, so it's dynamically generated with a trailing number to identify itself in a unique way in each VDOM.

hello.. this issue may be fixed for next release if it was confirmed?

I don't meet this issue with latest v5.0..

FSW224B x1

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors