Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Using SCP and Putty

I' m trying to use Putty to SCP to a 50B and keep getting a ' Protocol error: Expected control record" error message. I' ve done a search and can' t see any mention of this, does anybody else get this issue?
4 REPLIES 4
discoveryit
New Contributor

are you talking about SSH? If so you need to check SSH under your local network interface and allowed connections
FCNSP
FCNSP
ejhardin
Contributor

ssh needs to be enabled and scp needs to be enabled as well on the fortigate. Fortinet only allows you to copy the config file using scp.
Not applicable

SSH is enabled on the interface and SCP is enabled globally under ' System->Admin->Settings' . I can log in fine using SSH and PuTTY SCP running in verbose shows the connection opening, negotiating, authenticating and so on. According to the PuTTY FAQ this is a problem with the server sending extraneous characters when SCP starts. I' ll try it with a different SCP client later.
Not applicable

Sorry, should have said why I' m doing this. I' m trying to get the config off using scp, as set out in the admin guide and a few other places online.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors