Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
grantjonas22
New Contributor

Using LAGs on FG600D HA Cluster

Hey all, 

In short, I have 3 switch stacks that each connect to a FG600D HA Cluster, via 1G SFP ports. My problem is that I would like to configure 802.3ad LAGs from the switch stacks to the 600D's, 3 stacks so that would use 6 ports total. 

I have created a software switch on the Master 600D so that it could trunk each respective link to switch's and route between the switches VLAN's. However, there does not seem to be a way to add the LAGs running from the switches to the 600D's software switch. 

Is there a way to have LAG's on a 600D's software switch? Or is there maybe another switch mode that I could use on the 600D's to accomplish this goal? 

Appreciate any help, or advice!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Kenundrum
Contributor III

On my 500D cluster, I simply created an 802.3ad aggregate interface on the cluster, assigned the physical ports to it. This creates the interface on all cluster units. I created matching 802.3ad interfaces on the switches and plugged the cables from the switch interfaces to the FW interfaces. On the firewall, you then need to add VLAN interfaces on the aggregate interface to do VLAN traffic.

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors