Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
huantc
New Contributor II

User authentication

Currently I have a problem: i installed ipsec vpn successfully. Stand from the vpnclient user position and access to vpn but it shows a web page and asks to enter the user/password again. I want to remove the requirement to enter 1 more user/password, how do I do that. Currently I am using version 5.2

information technology
information technology
3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

that looks like if you have enabled some automatism to open some webpage upon vpn connection plus looks like you enabled a user authentification on the policy which is hit.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
huantc
New Contributor II

how to turn it off. i want to just login vpn once

information technology
information technology
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi,

it will depend on the page that you actually see. Generally I would guess that the FortiGate is giving you the prompt to authenticate. Labeled as "firewall authentication" with some grey/orange field. That is something based on the firewall policies that the FortiGate might not see the user that IPSec authenticated, hence it is asking again. That answer is only true if you see that prompt of course.

Best regards,

Markus 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors