Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mrmass
New Contributor

User Getting The server you want to connect to requests identification, please choose a cert -6006

Some facts * Users computer not on domain SSLVPN with Azure AD as ldp. Connecting to 101F

• User was able to connect 2 weeks ago with same laptop/client
  • User is running free client 7.2.x
  • We aren't using cert authentication. users are in AD groups and MFA in Azure AD
  • I can login fine with a non domain computer.
  • Many others are logged in with no issues
  • User has said that it stops loading at 40%.

I've seen some posts about the 40% but we're not using Certificate Auth. 

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@mrmass 
FortiClient SSL VPN connection status get... - Fortinet Community
Possible reasons for FortiClient SSL VPN ... - Fortinet Community
Following above links, status 40% means that SSL certificate is not the right one.

Even though you are not using certificate for authentication, SSL authentication is based on certificates, so you need to install the correct certificate for it to work.

Try to delete all certificates that are created on SSLVPN profile, and accept certificate when a popup is shown while you try to connect.

mrmass

On the client or the Fortigate Firewall in the VPN area? 

xshkurti
Staff
Staff
spoojary
Staff
Staff

If possible can you try version 7.2.3 or 7.0.8 and check if you get the same issue? I have seen this issue multiple times now on the Forticlient version 7.2.4.

Siddhanth Poojary
mrmass
New Contributor

I'll try all this this week. User is a consultant and I don't have easy access to to their computer.

Thank you both.

mrmass
New Contributor

Solved-User downloaded the vpn client for certificates and not saml? I didn't that was thing. Anyway thank you both for the help.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors