Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Uploading saved Fortigate60 config into Fortigate-60C

My trusty old Fortigate 60 died and I just received my new Fortigate 60C. I feel foolish, but I can' t see how to upload my saved config file from the 60 into the 60C. There was a web interface for that on the 60. Is it now done via CLI, or is it meaningless because of 60C changes? The admin guide talks about a Backup/Restore tab under Maintenance and that one must enable Central Management to get that tab, but under Central Management there are not the choices that are shown in the manual.
7 REPLIES 7
Fullmoon
Contributor III

Hi, You can see the backup and restore in new version (4) under System>Dashboard>Status>System Information>System Configuration (Backup/Restore) In old ver (3) Backup and Restore can be seen under System>Maintenance. Regards

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Not applicable

Thank you. It' s right where I never looked Should I be able to restore a Fortigate 60 config file into the 60C? When I try, I get: " Configuration file error." Thank you, -robert
Not applicable

@fullmoon: Thank you. It' s right where I never looked Should I be able to restore a Fortigate 60 config file into the 60C? When I try, I get: " Configuration file error." Thank you, -robert
Fullmoon
Contributor III

ORIGINAL: rbkrbk @fullmoon: Thank you. It' s right where I never looked Should I be able to restore a Fortigate 60 config file into the 60C? When I try, I get: " Configuration file error." Thank you, -robert
That' s the part I never tried uploading backup using diff model. In short it seems uploading backup from old model to new model (fgt 60 to fgt 60c) is not possible for me. Other says it possible then kindly take a look on this link, maybe it could help on your side. http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=69963&p=2&tmode=1&smode=1

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Not applicable

Thank you. After running acompare and merging the old 60 conf file into a newly saved 60C conf, I am up and running now. I have a new question about Dual WANs but I will post it as a new question
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

There is no direct way to load a config file from a different hardware platform. What you can do is - get the config from the 60C - compare both config files side-by-side in an appropriate tool and copy paragraphs over By " manually upgrading" your 60C config file you have good chances that the file can be uploaded as the new config. Of course this would be much easier if both FGTs had the same FortiOS version. That' s not possible in your case: no v4 for a 60, no v3 for a 60C. If you had gotten a 50B or 80C instead... But it' s really not that difficult. You probably have to align the port names as well. And don' t forget there is a GUI on a 60C as well. Many new features to be met for the first time. Be curious and venture!

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Not applicable

Thank you. After running a compare and merging the old 60 conf file into a newly saved 60C conf, I am up and running now. I have a new question about Dual WANs but I will post it as a new question
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors