Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JD168
New Contributor III

Upload speed to FG100D only 512k/600k from internet

Hello, for remote backup reasons I need to get a Seagte ReadyNAS 516 with Firmware 6.9.4 running. On the NAS I created users, shares and the needed applications (rsync, smb, http/webdav, ftp). On our FortiGate 100D (WAN DOWN 100MB/s UP 100MB/s) with Firmware 5.6.3 build 1547 I connected the NAS to a separate interface (role LAN) and set up a VIP with the required ports.   MTU is set to 1500 on both sides. File copy from my laptop over LAN works with 95MB/s (1GB/s connection). Copy files from remote locations via smb or ftp does not go higher than 512/600k (10MB/s or 5MB/s upload connection possible). Any idea what configuration mistake I made on the FG100D? Kind regards

Jay

Kind regards

Jens

Kind regards Jens
1 Solution
JD168
New Contributor III

Hello,
meanwhile the issue is solved. The NAS and the internet provider was changed. Now everything works as designed.

Kind regards

Jens

View solution in original post

Kind regards Jens
2 REPLIES 2
makco10
Contributor II

Hello,

I think in this case may be is not the Fortigate, and is something with the bandwidth of your remote users.

Have you a test where the upload speed is major of 512k?

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
JD168
New Contributor III

Hello,
meanwhile the issue is solved. The NAS and the internet provider was changed. Now everything works as designed.

Kind regards

Jens

Kind regards Jens
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors