Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
YtseJam
New Contributor III

Upgrading firmware while in HA Configuration

Hi all,

I have a problem with my two FG-80C that I need to upgrade with a new firmware (v5.2.3). They're in HA configuration as one is the main and the other is backup. I uploaded the firmware to the primary firewall, then it restarted but after that nothing changed. Its still on the old firmware after boot up. I check already the "boot up new firmware" before I upload the firmware.

Now, for my question, Is there an issue or procedure in upgrading a firmware while in HA configuration? Or there are things to do first before upgrading the firmware? Any help, tips, info or procedure how will I upgrade mine will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

JAM

2 REPLIES 2
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

I asumme I had the exact same issue as you in the past (tho with different devices)

I assume your secondary device did upgrade but the primary did not.

Sadly we contacted the support for this one but didn't get a decent answer.

I'd recommend factoryresetting the secondary device and reform the cluster

What we did: disconnecting the units, update them individually and reform the cluster, sadly this will mean the cluster update will never work properly

YtseJam
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply gschmitt!

Anyway, it works already to me. I uploaded again the firmware then this Morning when I access the firewall, it has already the 5.2.3 firmware. Its just delayed to take effect.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors