Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

Upgrading FGT to 7.2.10 - your experience?

We are planning to upgrade a bunch of FGT100F to 7.2.10 very soon. The official upgrade path states that this can be done in one single step. Did anyone already do that and did you experience any problems afterwards?
Or was that just related to FOS <= 7.0.14 but not 7.0.15 or newer?

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
9 REPLIES 9
kumarh
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Could you please clarify the specific issues you're concerned about with upgrading from FGT100F to FortiOS 7.2.10? Are you experiencing any particular problems or have you heard of issues related to the upgrade process from version 7.0.14 or earlier?

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

This might impact you. I just saw this 30 min ago. I have to test it with our RADIUS before upgrading ours to 7.2.10.
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/7-2-10-Breaks-DUO-Radius-proxy/m-p/344254#M251973

Toshi

abelio

Hello Toshi
we' ve impacted this week with this.

Solved with upgrading FAC to 6.6.2
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Troubleshooting-Tip-RADIUS-authentication-failure-after-...

hope it helps

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

@kumarth there was issues when upgrading 7.0.14 or earlier to 7.2.9. We had some problems with non existend Webfilter cathegories that prvented addind to FMG or retrieving config in FMG if I remember correctly. 

@Toshi_Esumi we don't use radius proxy. We do radius auth using a FAC. So not sure wether that impacts us.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Toshi_Esumi

Nobody, other than you, would know how you use your FGT. So asking "Would 7.2.10 impact me?" might not get any useful response for YOU, but might be useful for others who is following the conversation. That's why I replied.

Toshi

sw2090

I did not ask if it would impact me. I just asked for everyones experience with the update :)

-- 

Debbie_FTNT

Hey sw2090,

Regarding RADIUS, as you're using FortiAuthenticator, you will need to upgrade that to 6.6.2 as well to ensure RADIUS continues working.

FortiGate requires the Message-Authenticator attribute in 7.2.10 (due to Blast-RADIUS/CVE-2024-3596), and FortiAuthenticator starts including that in RADIUS responses from 6.6.2.

Aside from that, I can't offer any particular insights, my experience with 7.2.10 is limited to some lab work.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
homenko2
New Contributor

Little reminder to all those using the free fortigate cloud subscription: From the 1st of November, you'll get a new, but forced feature: automatic upgrades, which you cannot disable. Live with it, pay for Fortigate cloud (allows you to disable automatic upgrades) or leave Fortigate cloud.

https://vlc.onl/
sw2090

thanks for the reminder.

Does not affect my FGTs because we licensed Fortigate Cloud on all our FGT :)

-- 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors