Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FGFan
New Contributor

Upgrade path for FortiGate

Hi all,

I need to upgrade firmware for FG110C from v4.0(MR3 patch 9) to 5.2. I know the path:

4.0 MR3 patch9 637 ► 4.3.11 ► 4.3.18 ► 5.0.12 ► 5.2.5

But I cannot see 4.3.11 and 4.3.18 in firmware images directory of support.fortinet.com. And 5.0.12, 5.2.5 I see.

Where can I look for v4.3 I need ? anyone can advise me?! Thanks so much!

5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

It's all there.

Login to "Service & Support". Go to Download > Firmware.

Select "FortiGate" if not yet selected.

There are 2 buttons below the dropdown field labeled "Release Notes" and "Download". Click "Download".

In the folder tree on the left, click your way through to v4.3.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
FGFan
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer, but that is my issue. I cannot see v4.3 in folder tree. The V4.00 folder just listed V4.0, v4.0MR1, v4.0MR2.... not V4.3 at all.

Toshi_Esumi

4.0MR3 is 4.3.

FGFan

so the path: 4.0 MR3 patch9 637 ► 4.3.11 ► 4.3.18 ► 5.0.12 ► 5.2.5 means:

4.0 MR3 patch9 637 -> 4.0MR3 patch11 -> 4.0MR3 patch18 -> 5.0.12 ->5.2.5

Is this right? Please confirm! I don't want anything wrong during upgrading. thank you so much!

ede_pfau

Correct. Former notation was "version" "maintenance release" "patch", today it's a decimal notation.

Make sure you have backups before each upgrade step, and compare configs pairwise (before/after upgrade step).

There have been major changes in the command structure and some configurations between v4.3 and v5.0. Please read the Release Notes  before upgrading (sections "What's New", changes, known problems).

After each upgrade, you can check for errors using the CLI (Console window) by issueing "diag deb conf read" which is short for "diagnose debug config-error-log read". If you are near the FGT during upgrading, connecting to the console port (serial) would be best, to monitor errors, progress and boot messages.

Plan for some downtime. 4 upgrades with checking will take, like, one hour at least.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors