Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sucree01
New Contributor

Upgrade from FortiOS 7.0.8 to 7.0.9 Website resolution

Odd issue. I upgraded a branch 40F from 7.0.8 to .9 and for whatever reason, PC's stopped being able to resolve normal web traffic. I turned off all IPS, Web filter, ect., rebooted, still nothing. IPSec traffic was not impacted, Normally it's the first to go after doing a firmware upgrade. I set the gate to boot from the secondary partition to get it back on .8, rebooted and now they can resolve websites. This was a weird one. I have other gates on .9 with out issue. Anyone have this issue? I didn't notice anything in the .9 release notes relating to this issue.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
2 REPLIES 2
kgeorge
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Sounds like an issue that requires an investigation. We have not seen or come across any other customers using or upgraded to 7.0.9 with this issue.

I understand that you have already rolled back to 7.0.8 and the issue is not seen now, is it.

During the next downtime window, kindly upgrade to 7.0.9 and check if the issue is seen again. If yes, kindly do call in our TAC Support and we can check on it via remote session to debug the flow and understand the root cause.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Klint George

Regards,
Klint George
gfleming
Staff
Staff

I wonder if something got lost in the config like DNS server or something. Are you using internal DNS servers or FortiGate acting as DNS server?

Were websites loading at all?

Were you able to ping public IP like 1.1.1.1 without using domain name?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors