Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
v20100
New Contributor III

Upgrade from 5.4(371) to 5.63 (493)

Hi

I can understand the upgrade path for FortiOS, but for FortiAP: https://cookbook.fortinet.com/supported-upgrade-paths-fortiap/

I cannot figure out exactly, If I have to upgrade to each version (5.6.0, then 5.6.1, then 5.6.2 and then 5.63) one at the time

Is it the case?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

There is not much config on FortiAP side. Even if you lost it when you skipped intermediate versions, you can easily reconfigure it by defaulting it with the reset switch. That's actually we do: upgrading it to the desirable version, reset it, and re-configure it with directly connected laptop PC.

v20100
New Contributor III

Thanks Toshi

When you say reset switch and reconfigure directly connected laptop, what do you mean exactly?

Is it something you do from the Fortigate GUI or have to do physically on each AP?

Our AP are located on the ceiling, so cannot see us climbing on a ladder to press a reset switch and plug a laptop!

Will be still easier to do each upgrade one at the time, remotely!

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

We set a static IP to each AP on a VLAN interface instead of using DHCP server so that we can manage/access each specifically and separate them from all other devices interface-wise. So we change the default AP config via direct CLI(SSH) or GUI by just hooking up a laptop. Otherwise they wouldn't come up with the controller FGT.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors