Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rezendecs
New Contributor

Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2

Hi all,

I upgraded my FM from 5.0.9 to 5.2.3.

At this moment I have two ADOMs, one (root) with Policy Package 5.0 and other with Policy Package 5.2

My FGTs is still with version 5.0.9 and in the root ADOM. I now that to upgrade the FGTs to 5.2.4 I need to transfer the FGTs to new ADOM with 5.2 Policy Package.

My question is: 

I first upgrade the FGTs to 5.2.4 and after change to new ADOM with 5.2 Policy Package

Or first change the FGTs to new ADOM with Policy Package 5.2 and after upgrade the FGTs to 5.2.4 firmware.

Thanks!!

Claudio Rezende

Claudio Rezende
Claudio Rezende
2 REPLIES 2
Jairo_Lima
New Contributor

I recommend to create a new ADOM and add the new FGT with the firmware 5.2 to this ADOM, If you got any issue during or after upgrade, you will have a backup in the previous adom 5.0

Regards

lkorbasiewicz_FTNT

Hi,

The recommended way is to first upgrade all FortiGate firewalls within an ADOM, then upgrade the ADOM. As you can find in our official documentation http://help.fortinet.com/...nistrative%2520Domains|_____4

"An ADOM can only be upgraded after all the devices within the ADOM have been upgraded."

As a security precaution, before any operation like this it is recommended to take a backup (or you can create a snapshot if it is a VM).

Best Regards,

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support

Lukasz Korbasiewicz,

Fortinet TAC Support

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors