Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dan
Contributor

Upgrade error 6.4.9 to 6.4.11

Based on the latest PSIR, I am upgrading several Fortigates (40F, 60F, 61F, 100F).

On the first two, I got the following config errors:

fortiabc # diagnose debug config-error-log read
>>> "set" "filename" "en" @ global.system.custom-language.en:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "fr" @ global.system.custom-language.fr:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "sp" @ global.system.custom-language.sp:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "pg" @ global.system.custom-language.pg:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "x-sjis" @ global.system.custom-language.x-sjis:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "big5" @ global.system.custom-language.big5:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "GB2312" @ global.system.custom-language.GB2312:value parse error (error -651)
>>> "set" "filename" "euc-kr" @ global.system.custom-language.euc-kr:value parse error (error -651)

I think those errors are not so relevant.

But I still like to understand possible implications. Are there any?

Seems like "error -651" would suggest that the files (en, fr, sp, pg, etc...) are not existent anymore in 6.4.11.

fortiabc # show full-configuration | grep -f GB2312
config system custom-language
edit "GB2312" <---
set filename ''
set comments ''
next
end

same on a fortigate still on 6.4.9:

edit "GB2312" <---
set filename "GB2312" <---
set comments ''
next
end

Trying to add the filename on the 6.4.11 system get me this:

fortiabc # config system custom-language

fortiabc (custom-language) # edit GB2312

fortiabc (GB2312) # show
edit "GB2312"
next
end

fortiabc (GB2312) # set filename GB2312
Invalid file.
node_check_object fail! for filename GB2312

value parse error before 'GB2312'
Command fail. Return code -651

Dan

1 Solution
gfleming

Oh yeah, interesting. Appears to be a default configuration.

Just checked into it in more detail and its a known bug. To be fixed in the next release.

Cheers,
Graham

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gfleming
Staff
Staff

To be honest I"m not familiar with custom languages on FortiGate but I'm curious where you got the custom language files from? Did you create them yourself? Is it possible to re-upload them so the FortiGate can find them?

Cheers,
Graham
dan

hello @gfleming,

gui-custom-language is disabled on all my systems. 

and I never fiddled around with language files.

I only have standard firmware installed... 

Dan

gfleming

Oh yeah, interesting. Appears to be a default configuration.

Just checked into it in more detail and its a known bug. To be fixed in the next release.

Cheers,
Graham
dan

Ah, good to know.
I knew that it was most likely a minor thingy, but your confirmation helps me relax :)

Thanks

Dan

Agaton

Hi, Thank you for clarifying that! Could you please point me toward any documentation talking about said bug? 

Thanks,

Raj

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors