Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kuberr
Visitor

Upgrade Time 7.0.x to 7.2.x

We have been running an FG201 HA pair for 2 years, system has been very stable, just upgraded to 7.0.16.

We need some of the 7.2 features to support some MSP security stuff, It looks like 7.2.10 is latest.

I have done one major (6.4.x to 7.0.x) upgrade and a couple of minor ones so not exactly experienced.

Is there anything to watch out for or any words of wisdom ?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Here is my list with recommended actions:

- make backup of the configuration of both HA units

- check the release notes

- check upgrade path

- in case there is only one upgrade step (i.e. 7.0.16 GA -> 7.2.10 GA), I would recommend to check whether your platform support booting from secondary partition for fast roll back in case of unexpected behavior after the upgrade

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Selecting-an-alternate-firmware-for-the-ne...

FortiGate
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

In case you get annoyed by the new software (7.2.8 or newer) behavior, forcing an admin to set an auto firmware upgrade schedule at the first GUI login after the upgrade, you can close the GUI then SSH into it and set below:
  config system global
    set gui-auto-upgrade-setup-warning disable
  end

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors