Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ck888
New Contributor

Upgrade FGT Firmware with upgrade path in HA cluster

HI Expert,

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/247944/upgrading-fortigates-in-an-ha-clu...

Could i know is that same method with link above for upgrade FGT firmware via upgrade path in HA ? for example 6.0.2 > 6.0.6 > 6.2.7 ? does it use method above? if it's do, could i say there is multiple time to failover for upgrade multiple path firmware? (push firmware) A > B(upgrade), (failvover)B > A (upgrade), (failvover)A > B (upgrade). does it correct from my understand? could please advise?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Markus
Valued Contributor

I assume you have HA A-P mode? Yes, there will be multiple time to failover for upgrade multiple path firmware. Just do the steps as recomended in the upgrade path. It will autofailover and upgrade your entire HA stack.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
ck888
New Contributor

HI Markus,

Thanks for quick reply. Yes. it's A-P.

May i know is it same method apply to A-A?

Also, if the HA include the vCluster configuration with few VDOMs, will it same method behavior also? For example 

VDOM1 > is master on Primary FGT

VDOM2 > is master on Secondary FGT

will it same behaviour with upgrade method above?

Thanks 

Markus
Valued Contributor

That I'm not aware of it. We don't use Vdoms at present. Maybe this is helpfull Fortigate HA upgrade with VDOM partitioning | Fortinet Technical Discussion Forums

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors