Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
stukat
New Contributor

Updating registered Forticlient

I am using Forticlient 5.0.7.333 with a 100D. I have FCT-access enabled on both the inside & outside interfaces so that clients will receive updates regardless of whether they' re connected to our network. My registered Forticlient is sometimes online / sometimes offline. I would obviously prefer that it was always online so I know it is getting the latest updates. What needs to be done to get this to work and do I need to have pinging enabled on the interfaces?
3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Lin_FTNT

I am just wondering... when your FortiGate shows up on the outside FortiClient, it has different IP than when it shows up on the inside FortiClient, right? And your inside FortiClient will not move to outside? As to endpoint profile update, as long as FortiClient is registered and on-line/heartbeat is successful, it will get update.
stukat
New Contributor

I' m using a FQDN rather than an IP address for registration. This allows me to have 2 different IP' s based upon location.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

I don' t think enable ping is necessary because this endpoint control protocol has a keep-alive mechanism by itself. Do you see FortiClient become off-line on the FortiGate side, or from the FortiClient GUI it becomes off-line?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors