Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fortilover
New Contributor III

Updating FortiSwitch via GUI - website is just blank

Dear Fortinet community.

I have a question regarding the updatefunction of a FortiSwitch 448.

When I open the Firmware upgrade page via GUI it is just blank. It does not look like this:

1.jpg

It is just blank.

The current firmware is: v7.2.3 build0434 221212 (GA)

It is connected to a Fortigate but the mode is standalone.

Does anyone of you know why the website stays just blank instead giving me the website like shown in the picture above?

Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated :)

With kindest regards

FortiLover

1 Solution
Fortilover

We have solved it. We have updated the Switch to Version v7.2.5,build0453,230707 (GA) via cli by using a tfp server. Thanks to this article: Technical Note: Upgrading FortiSwitch Firmware  

After the update the webpage is loading perfectly. So I think it is/was a bug in version v7.2.3 build0434 221212 (GA).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HarshChavda
Staff
Staff

Hello @Fortilover 

Try clearing browser cache as sometimes, a corrupted cache can cause issues with web pages. Try clearing your browser's cache and then reload the page. Ensure that JavaScript is enabled in your browser, as the Fortinet GUI relies on it. Ensure that there are no firewall rules on the FortiGate or any other network device that might be blocking access to the FortiSwitch GUI. If you are behind a proxy, make sure that it is not blocking your connection to the FortiSwitch. Sometimes, a simple reboot can solve many issues. If possible, try rebooting the FortiSwitch and then access the firmware upgrade page again.

Fortilover

We have solved it. We have updated the Switch to Version v7.2.5,build0453,230707 (GA) via cli by using a tfp server. Thanks to this article: Technical Note: Upgrading FortiSwitch Firmware  

After the update the webpage is loading perfectly. So I think it is/was a bug in version v7.2.3 build0434 221212 (GA).

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors