Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mattw
New Contributor III

Updating FortiClient EMS FQDN - How to push this out to clients

Hi,
We have FortiClients managed by EMS. We need to update the FQDN that the clients use to connect to EMS. I thought that updating this under System Settings > EMS Settings would push the update out to clients when they next sync but this does not seem to be the case. They still have the old FQDN shown even after syncing.
Any idea how I achieve this?
Thank you!
- EMS version: 7.0.7 & FortiClient versions 7.0.7 and 7.0.8.
2 REPLIES 2
chauhans
Staff
Staff

Hello!!

It look like Pre-defined hostname still shows your old EMS FQDN.

Please make sure new FQDN details are updated in the 'Configure EMS Server list' this is the option which controls the EMS details. The already existing EMS agents should receive an update with the new FQDN. EMS will push the new FQDN setting from EMS through a telemetry sync(via the existing FQDN). As long as the existing EMS agents are able to ping both the existing FQDN(EMS Server) and new FQDN, all should be good.

mattw
New Contributor III

Hi @chauhans,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Where do I configure the "EMS Service List" as I can't find it in the EMS server.

Also, it's worth pointing out that both the old and new FQDNs point to the same IP address. We just want the FQDN to the the correct permanent FQDN, rather than a temporary one.

Thank you!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors