Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jjensen
New Contributor

Updating Firmware on FG-60D questions

I'm going to be upgrade our FG-60D from firmware version 5.0.7 to 5.2.3.  These are the notes I've scribbled down which include the following.  The first is creating a backup of your configuration and having a copy of the firmware just in case the upgrade fails.  As well as connecting via console to watch messages during the upgrade process.  The upgrade process should take 30minutes but i've allocated a total of 2 hours for the process.

If installing from local disk - use correct upgrade path of 5.0.7 ->5.0.10 -> 5.2.3 (verify correction download file and MD5 checksum)

If installing from FortiGuard Network (It gives you safe path so it should reduce any human errors.)

The SSLVPN Settings Page sets the Default Certificate to _Default so change or add the existing one in.

I planned on taking screen shots of most GUI pages to compare changes.

4 REPLIES 4
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Keep an image of the current running firmware on hand, that way you can go back to the last good state in case something happens.

Go for it.

jjensen
New Contributor

I noticed that only one of my FG-60D devices has a console port (rev 2).  Do I have to make sure that device is the slave or master before I start the process to view the messages or does it not matter?

Toshi_Esumi

All should have USB MGMT port and with the USB cable came within the box and FortiExplorer, you can get management access GUI+CLI.

jjensen
New Contributor

One more question I was hoping somebody could answer.  When I'm in the dashboard under Status - System Information it lists the Firmware Version as: v5.0,build3608 (GA Patch 7).  When I select details I'm seeing the current running firmware as: FGT60D-5.00-build271.  Why does one state build3608 and the other state build271?  Plus when I go to the website to download the firmware as a backup it's listing the build as build4459.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors