Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Update packages?

I' m looking to deploy FortiClient to several field laptops - however they have very slow internet connections. I' m worried about how fast the update goes after install. I' m using a FortiManager which is getting the most recent updates. The pilot deployment went bad. It took roughly an hour to get its updates and that' s bad news. Any tips on making this faster? It could be feasible to send them a CD - but I' m not aware of being able to download the definition files directly? (and saved for later)
2 REPLIES 2
VicAndr
New Contributor III

I guess you have valid FortiClient license(s)... Did you try to look for manual update packages on DOWNLOAD FORTIGUARD SERVICE UPDATES page?
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

You can manually update the signatures from a local file (on disk or CD-R). If you login to support.fortinet.com with your account, there is a menu item " signature files" . Depending on your choice the AV database can be up to 100 MB or more. Have a look at the Release Notes for FortiOS 4.x where these options are explained. Once the AV and IPS databases are current the daily updates are incremental and very fast to download. But if I forget to update e.g. on my notebook which I don' t use daily then it might happen that after 3 or 4 days (no time span specified) I' ll get a full update. Which freezes my notebook for 15 minutes or so.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors