Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ISOffice
Contributor

Unwanted Log Entries

Hi all,

We have 2 X 100D Hardware Appliances running firmware version 6.2.1-build 0932 in NAT (Flow-based) Mode (HA: Active-Passive).

They are deployed at the edge of our wireless network and are used for general Internet access. One of the wireless networks does not require any logging at all and prior to the latest upgrade to 6.2.1 there were no entries for this network in any of the logs, i.e. Forward Traffic, WebFilter & Application Control (which is the way we wanted it). However, after upgrading to 6.2.1 we are now seeing Web Filter logs being generated for this particular network, despite all logging being disabled. Admittedly, the only entries being created are 'blocked' requests but we do not need to see ANY logs from this particular network.

Any tips/suggestions on how we could go about ensuring no log entries are created for this network would be much appreciated. Many thanks, John P

1 REPLY 1
ISOffice
Contributor

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

Fortinet Support have advised me that they have been able to replicate my issue and it looks like it is a bug.

They have escalated the support call and passed it to the engineering team who (hopefully) will be able to get it sorted.

John P

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors