Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pacone
New Contributor

Unstable Gui Access

I have two Fortigate units that I manage. One is a 30D and one a 60D both running the same firmware v5.2.3,build670

With both units from time to time I am unable to access the web-gui. The only fix appears to be to restart them.

Whilst I am unable to access the gui, the units are still working and processing traffic outgoing.

I am not able to reproduce this, it just happens when it wants to.

On the 60D I am unable to SSH in when this occurs, it will give me an SSH login prompt, however once the username and password are entered it just sits there and does not log me in. It's kind of like the login process works, but is separate to the actual management tool itself which is not functional at the time.

On the 60D I am also unable to use FortiExplorer from an iPad using a USB cable to access the unit when this occurs.

This has happened at least 3 times, maybe more, the only fix as I said above appears to be to power off the unit and power it back on.

I have not tried the SSH or FortiExplorer login's on the 30D unit.

1 Solution
Bernard_Pauwels

IE is a different story than CHROME. But still I see other unstable behaviour if an unsecured certificate is used.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Paul_S

rezendecs wrote:

Somebody can solve this issues?

After upgrade to 5.2.X, many of my Fortigates have Web Gui issues.

The Web Gui disconnect suddenly while I'm working and before the idle timeout configuration.

Regards,

sharing your exact version is normally a good idea.  If your exact version is 5.2.4, then others have also mentioned this. It might be a bug that needs resolved in a future release.

if your version is less than 5.2.4, then you should share as much info as possible. also check your browsers console for errors.

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x                   [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5  |  Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5 | Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+
sanketgoh
New Contributor

Hi,

AS you havent mentioned on which browser you are working.

Please use firefox browser with all cookies deleted. It works perfect on firefox.

sanketgoh
New Contributor

Hi,

AS you havent mentioned on which browser you are working.

Please use firefox browser with all cookies deleted. It works perfect on firefox.

MartinSperrin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors