Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mark_Oakton
Contributor

Unregister Fortigate

Hi,

Is it possible to unregister a Fortigate device from the gui or cli, I have some old units we want to use for testing / training and want to make sure they don't confuse by going to a registered account

Anyone know a method to unregister / wipe the registration info??

thanks

Mark

Infosec Partners
Infosec Partners
4 REPLIES 4
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Once registered the device stays registered (subscription or not).  Under certain circumstances Support can help you "transferred" a device from your registered account to another registered account (we had to do this with some fgts that were registered under a former employee's email address). 

That said, people on the forum indicated that once the device's subscription runs out, a new owner should be able to get the subscription renewed (up to six months) under their own registered account (on the support site).  Someone please correct me on this part though.

For what's it's worth, it has been suggested to just create some secondary email accounts (on the support site) and assign them to the devices you plan to "give away".

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
hohosecure
New Contributor III

I'd suggest you create a Customer Service ticket and give them the list of SN's that you want to be de-registered. That's what is recommended on their kb : http://kb.fortinet.com/kb...=kc&externalId=FD36116 HoHo.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I agreed with hohosecure. A few years back we took over Forti-items from a MSSP. We open a ticket for the devices and had the items transfered over into our account and renewed the subscription. FTNT-TAC and your channel partner can help.

FWIW: if you buy from online like craiglist/ebay for personal, beadvise that TAC might ask for proof of ownership and/or invoice for the item. My lab 100A was done that way over 4 years back.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
RaptoR
New Contributor

Not at all, I have tried and the answer is that if you have not acquired it through the official channels they "cannot" take the case... a pity

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors