Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dickie
New Contributor III

Unnumbered IPSec VPN Issues

Hi, We have an unnumbered IPSEC interface type VPN between a Juniper and Fortigate. Its been working fine for ages. Now when we do a trace route from the Juniper end the management interface on the Fortigate shows in the response as part of the route. This is playing havoc with various path monitoring devices (and we are getting random disconnects now). The thing is this may have been introduced since the upgrade to 5.2.1 - is anyone else seeing this? Tech support says its due to the index of the interface and we have to use numbered IPsec tunnels - but why now! TAC' s response tells me that Fortigate effectively do not support unnumbered IPSEC interface tunnels as far as I am concerned.
Richard
Richard
1 REPLY 1
Dickie
New Contributor III

Further info - ticking the Dedicated Management Port makes no difference. So the Mgmt interface IS playing a role in the Firewall traffic. However I found a fix - change the interface to DHCP and administratively down and it does not appear to play a part. (However I am still concerened that traffic is passing through that interface) - at least it means I do not have to go and change all my unnumbered VPN' s as TAC suggested.
Richard
Richard
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors