Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
niclasforsen
New Contributor

Uninstalling FortiClient

When we got a FortiGate 61E we tested FortiClient on one computer with Windows 10 and after some time forgot about it. Now quite some time later we'd like to uninstall FortiClient on the computer, but the option to uninstall is grayed out. We are also unable to shut down the FortiClient, that option when right clicking on the shield is also grayed out. After some research I believe the problem is that the telemetry connection is set in the FortiClient, and here comes the next problem, when trying to open the FortiClient Console to disable the telemetry, the Console doesn't open and I get an error message in the windows application log with event id 1000 with exception code 0xc0000005. So, I cannot uninstall FortiClient because telemetry is on, and I cannot open the FortiClient Console to disable telemetry. Does anyone have any idea how to come around these problems and remove FortiClient from the computer? I would hate to have to reinstall Windows on the machine, because it has a lot of software and settings on it that would take quite some time to reinstall too. 

Thank you!

Niclas

1 REPLY 1
ikmarwright
New Contributor III

It's quite common that you have to repair FortiClient before you can uninstall it. We've had to do it on all our Windows 10 machines.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors