Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
garci66
New Contributor

Unconfigured vlans in hardware switch

Hi Everyone, 

I have a a FG-60F and have been using the hardware switch configuration with multiple ports configured in the switch (in my case, im actually using ports A,B,5 and 4)

I have around 10 vlan interfaces configured under the hw switch and those work perfectly

But since I have switches with their trunk ports on ports A and B and was wondering if unconfigured vlans on the fortigate would pass transparently

(for example, I have vlans 100,101 and 102 configured on the hw-switch as sub-interfaces). But for example, would vlan 200 be able to pass between the switches on ports A and B if the FG's config doesnt mention vlan 200 at all?

It seems to be working at the moment, but im not 100% sure if its expected or should I create a dummy interface with vlan 200 just to be safe. 

Finally, I guess there is no "pvid" like concept for the individual interfaces under a hardware switch, isnt it? (would let me have interfaces whose untagged packets would be assigned a specific vlan instead of vlan 0 / untagged.

thanks!!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors