Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jefflockhart
New Contributor

Unable to set wids-profile

I'm following these instructions to enable rogue AP monitoring. But I'm only able to set wids-profile on one of two radios on one of two profiles. The other 3 radios fail to set the wids-profile with the error:

command parse error before 'wids-profile' Command fail. Return code -61

When I run "get" on either of the 3 radios that fail, I don't see wids-profile in the listed fields at all.

I need to enable rogue AP monitoring on these other radios, as the one that works is 2.4GHz, I need at least one 5GHz radio scanning for rogue APs as well. How can I set the wids-profile field in these other radios in my FortiAP profiles?

1 Solution
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I think for 5GHz you can only apply a wids profile if you have it set as a Dedicated Monitor, not as an Access Point.

You'll note in the FortiGate GUI for the FortiAP profiles that for the 5GHz radios in Access Point mode there is no drop-down to choose a WIDS profile.  Change the radio to be a Dedicated Monitor and the drop-down for the WIDS profile will appear.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I think for 5GHz you can only apply a wids profile if you have it set as a Dedicated Monitor, not as an Access Point.

You'll note in the FortiGate GUI for the FortiAP profiles that for the 5GHz radios in Access Point mode there is no drop-down to choose a WIDS profile.  Change the radio to be a Dedicated Monitor and the drop-down for the WIDS profile will appear.

jefflockhart
New Contributor

Interesting, I do see that now. Any idea why that is the 5GHz radio can only monitor when it's a dedicated monitor?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors