Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CrescendasIT
New Contributor

Unable to re-register

We realize that when we register a fortigate device on Fortinet website directly, the device can no longer be registered again. How can we get the device to be registered or sync with the registration info on the website?
5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Two options: - contact your local Fortinet partner to have him start the process - contact Customer Service / open a Web ticket and state that you want to deregister the unit. Once done it can be freely registered.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Matthijs
New Contributor II

Why do you want to register it again? You have to run the following command on the cli and then you will see status registered in the device also:
 execute update-now

Refresh the page after a few minutes and you will see status registered.
dominikw
New Contributor II

Maybe the device can' t reach FortiGuard servers ? Try to change dns settings (i.e. to google 8.8.8.8) of FG box (system-->network-->DNS). Is FortiGate directly connected to Internet or something is beetwen ? Try to change port FortiGuard services port from/to 53 or 8888.

Dominik Weglarz, IT System Engineer

Dominik Weglarz, IT System Engineer
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Release notes are your friend....
FortiGate 100D FortiOS v4.0 MR3 Patch Release 8 supports the FortiGate 100D platform. Included with this model is a special purpose management port that operates on its own virtual domain (VDOM). An issue exists with this feature whereby FortiCare registration fails when initiated from the FortiGate device if this port is connected to the Internet and thus FortiGuard and FortiCare. Upgrading the FortiOS image from its factory default image (build 4083) to FortiOS v4.0 MR2 Patch Release 11 or later does not switch the management VDOM. You must change the management VDOM from the default setting to the root VDOM. To do this, use the following CLI commands:
 config system global
     set management-vdom root
     end
 end

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Eric_Mai_FTNT

I have this issue on other FortiGate before. I have to contact Fortinet support to fix this issue. The problem is this unit already registered by other person(perhaps a co-wroker). Fortinet not allow a single unit to register twice. So contact Fortinet support to remove the old registration. You can register again or Fortinet support can reregister for you. Fortinet Support Center 1 866 648 4638 (toll-free) 1 408 486 7899 (Int.)
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors