Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
smj22
New Contributor

Unable to re-register endpoint to EMS

Hi,

I've come across a bit of an issue as I've been rolling out Forticlient to our internal network.

I installed it on a handful of servers to test before rolling out to the entire network and there were no real issues. However I have excluded a couple of those endpoints from management from within the EMS console (as we were trying to decrease resource utilization on them) and now am completely unable to re-register these devices, there is no option to register device in the drop-down actions menu. The only options are "exclude from management", "clear events" and "mark as uninstalled"

I have played around with this but nothing forces the connection to re-establish, it's stating not managed by the EMS/Gateway List and the profile. I have tried re-profiling the endpoint but again this hasn't been helpful.

On one of the endpoints I even selected mark as uninstalled and re-installed forticlient on the endpoint in the hopes that the connection would establish but no such luck! In fact the endpoint doesn't show in EMS at all now.

On a side note, I have added other systems successfully to EMS and they are connecting and communicating with no issues, it's just the 2 systems that I excluded that won't talk at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
droehrig
New Contributor II

I am having the exact same problem. I de-registered an endpoint so I can Shutdown Forticlient to test if it is stopping software from installing, and now I cannot get it registered back. I have only the same options as you do. 

smj22
New Contributor

Managed to sort this in the end, somehow! We had the FortiClients talking to both EMS and the FortiGate. You need to exclude from management from EMS and then find the host on the Fortigate and delete it from here.

Once this is done you should be able to add/shutdown the forticlient depending on what you need. After this enter the EMS IP address again and enable management and it should show up again in EMS.

Problem solved

droehrig
New Contributor II

Ok this sounds promising so I will try that later today. Thank you for letting me know and lets hope this works.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors