Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
clubmix
New Contributor

Unable to obtain WAN DHCP IP

I have went through the steps in the following guides to get the 60D to obtain a WAN DHCP IP from my cable ISP: http://docs-legacy.fortinet.com/cb/html/index.html#page/FOS_Cookbook/Install-basic/cb_install-single-step.html and it still is not obtaining a DHCP IP from the WAN 1 interface. I tried to connect it to WAN 2 and nothing works either. I have a cable modem connection from Suddenlink cable. Is the Fortinet unit compatible with this connection? I have done everything I could find on the documentation pages including making sure the security policy is enabled and the DHCP service is enabled on the security policies and there is still no connectivity. The WAN1 light doesn' t even light up when I connect my cable modem to the 60D, however it only comes on when I connect my laptop directly to it and connect it to an Amped Wireless RTA15 router. I even manually assign the IPs on the WAN1 interface according to the ISP and it still is not obtaining a DHCP IP and no internet access is given to the clients.
1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi, and welcome to the forums. At least you need a link up signal on the WAN port. Check the cable, you might need a cross-over cable to connect 2 network devices - a notebook is different. (Although the GigE port on the FGT would try to find out the right polarity by itself...) Then, obtaining a DHCP lease is as easy as pie. You don' t need any policy for this to happen. Check the lease obtained in System > Network > Interfaces > WAN1.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors