Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ginger_Badger
New Contributor

Unable to install FortiClient 5.4 on Windows 7 SP1 x64

I get a 'driver is not digitally signed' error for each of the services it tries to install. 

No option to 'continue anyway', followed by a roll back. 5.2 installs fine.

5.4 has installed correctly on my Mac. Any ideas before I tackle another 50 machines?

1 Solution
Ron_Uss
New Contributor III

Hi

check this - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929

FortiClient 5.4.0 use digital signing SHA-2 and for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows XP you need install this update.

Info from Forticlient Release notes:

Installing on Windows 7 and Windows XPFortiClient 5.4.0 files and drivers are digitally signed using SHA2 certificates. Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows XP are both known to have issues with the verification of SHA2 certificates. Ensure your Windows system software updates are up-to-date before installing FortiClient 5.4.0 on either of these two platforms. 

NSE8 #3111

View solution in original post

NSE8 #3111
14 REPLIES 14
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Qs:

Did you try to uninstall any previous FClient ( please make cfg backup ) and then install or is this a new installation?

Have you tried more than one machine?

If it's a digital_sign issue maybe support needs to be involved  to look and ensure the signtool was done for the package. I would open a case with TACsupport if you still have problems.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
gmoors
New Contributor

Hello Lynas

Apparently I've a similar problem... Do you think it's about version 5.4?

Ron_Uss
New Contributor III

Hi

FortiClient 5.4.0 use digital signing SHA-2 and for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows XP you need install this update.

Installing on Windows 7 and Windows XPFortiClient 5.4.0 files and drivers are digitally signed using SHA2 certificates. Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows XP are both known to have issues with the verification of SHA2 certificates. Ensure your Windows system software updates are up-to-date before installing FortiClient 5.4.0 on either of these two platforms. 

NSE8 #3111

NSE8 #3111
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks Ron, I was to lazy to  find that MS techdoc. I have a Windows 7 host here and will try a update later on and report but it's probably a signing issue.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Roust_m
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem.  I have admin access on my laptop, I run the installation under administrator, yet:

Service 'FortiShield' (FortiShield) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Tried it on 3 computers, only one worked.

Couldn't find how to attach the installation log.

Thanks.

webb
New Contributor

Ron_Uss wrote:

Hi

Hi

I have same problem.

Thank you for your information.

--------------------------------------------------

FCNSA/FCNSP

-------------------------------------------------- FCNSA/FCNSP
Rede
New Contributor

Ron_Uss wrote:

Hi

Worked Here!! Thanks a lot.

adil
New Contributor

I have win 7 pro installed, when I try to install fortilcient 5.4 I get an error "Please install windows patch kb 3033929 before installing forticlient." I tried to install this update and its also and update is not installing. Anyone can help me out?

Rede
New Contributor

adil wrote:

I have win 7 pro installed, when I try to install fortilcient 5.4 I get an error "Please install windows patch kb 3033929 before installing forticlient." I tried to install this update and its also and update is not installing. Anyone can help me out?

Wthat's the error? Did you look in event viewer?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors