Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Emanuele
New Contributor

Unable to install FortiClient 5.4.1 on Windows XP

Hello all,

Recently I started to use FortiClient for SSL VPN Connection.

Yesterday I tried to install the version 5.4.1 on a XP Client but I'm getting the error attached.

I'm using a Forti Client Online Installation tool and basically after that the image download finish this pop-up is shown:

"The digital signature on the installer package is invalid. Installation aborted."

In internet I found this solution:

- From Internet Options

- Select the “Advanced” tab.

- Scroll down to the Security section and check the box next to “Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid.”

This didn't solve..

So I checked for a same issue in this forum but actually I'm not still able to solve.

I tried to follow the resolution suggested in this topic:

Unable to install FortiClient 5.4 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 

The solution is to upgrade windows to the kb3033929, but of course no new kb are available for Win XP.

Can you help me to find a solution?

Is the 5.4.1. the correct version?

Thanks a lot,

Emanuele.

1 Solution
gsarica
Contributor

Pretty sure Forticlient 5.4.1 isn't supported on WinXP, we had trouble with one user on Vista until we found this out. Only Win7 and above will work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gsarica
Contributor

Pretty sure Forticlient 5.4.1 isn't supported on WinXP, we had trouble with one user on Vista until we found this out. Only Win7 and above will work.

Emanuele

Thank you,

Can you help me to verify which version is available for WinXP?

Thanks again,

Emanuele.

gsarica

Unfortunately I don't know. I do know if you sign into the Fortinet support site there is an area where you can download all older versions. You might also be able to contact their support for the latest version that would work on WinXP.

SCSIraidGURU

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors