Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
r042wal
New Contributor

Unable to factory restore Fortigate 60C

I am trying to do a factory reset of our Fortigate 60C using a console cable and Tera Term Pro terminal server.  In the terminal session everything appears to work properly, initializing, reading boot image, initializing firewall, system is starting, but then the window displays a scrolling window that only says "pelcli stack error 15,1! Please restart newcli."

I have tried pressing the reset button during the boot process but this has no effect.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
r042wal
New Contributor

When I go to to download images I get this message:

Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract.  Please contact Fortinet partners to purchase Fortinet support contract or Fortinet customer service team at cs@fortinet.com.

r042wal
New Contributor

The product is registered but ot of warranty and I do not have a support contract.  The site will not allow me to download an image.  I get this message and it sucks:

Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract.  Please contact Fortinet partners to purchase Fortinet support contract or Fortinet customer service team at cs@fortinet.com.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

You need to get a valid contract no way around it. HQIP or standard images needs a contract.

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
dilip
New Contributor

emnoc wrote:

You need to get a valid contract no way around it. HQIP or standard images needs a contract.

Ken

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Aww this is bad :(

I don't understand why Fortinet don't give every one Firmwareupdates instead of producing useless bricks out of pretty good Hardware....

this sucks....somehow....

I'd like to help you but my hands are taped ...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

You only need a FortiCare contract, for 1 year. Around 100 Euros in Germany.

Apart from this, there's nothing like a free lunch...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
sw2090
Honored Contributor

We have several here Ede, so i do have access to the firmware images officially. I just meant I cannot help the thread creator any further due to fortinet's policy...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

@sw2090: my last post was directed at the OP.

I wanted to point out that the OP wouldn't have to spend $400 or more for a UTM bundle. It's money nonetheless.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
r042wal
New Contributor

In Canada where  live, the one year contract is over $400 after tax which is more that a small operation like mine can afford.  I don't need filtering and 24/7 support.  What I have now is a useless piece of chit because I can't get the image that came with the product, more or less a component I already paid for.  My Fortinet dealer Packet-tel does not even respond to my requests.  I could buy a used, functioning 60C off of eBay for less than the 1-ear contract, but I have such a sour taste in my mouth from being held hostage like this, I just can't see myself going down this road by purchasing the same product again.  Thank you for all the feedback here.  Incidentally, I was able to restore to the HQID image.

mamuning2017

Hi There;   Got so much exposure in resetting 50E's (around a hundred times) since we distributed 400 of these to bank branches.    The $1 trick is: 1. Unplug the power.  2. Watch and wait  for the LEDs to start to blink (LAN, WAN and STA leds).  3. After about 5 seconds after the STA led  blinks, press the small reset button at the back using a paper clip, keeping it pressed until you see the leds blink orange, then red. At this stage, you can release the button.  4. Congratulations. You have manually factory-reset your Fortigate.  5. Cheers and have a beer.. :) 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors