Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
VicAndr
New Contributor III

Unable to delete customized device entries ("Detect and Identify Devices" feature)

I activated "Detect and Identify Devices" feature on some FortiGate interfaces, and then customized some devices detected on those interfaces for identification and adding to Customs Device Groups purposes . But now I can't delete those customized devices neither through GUI nor through CLI. ...even after they have been removed from all Customs Device Groups.

When I am trying to do delete a customized device entry through CLI I get the following error message: The entry is used by other 1 entries Command fail. Return code -23

Had anyone experienced the same problem? If so - how did you resolve this issue?

All my FG units are on FortiOS 5.2.3.

Thank you for any comments/suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
VicAndr
New Contributor III

I have found the culprit. It was a device-access-list which I overlooked. The list is seen only with CLI; I created it a while ago, and totally forgot about it. It is not being used anywhere any longer, but became a source of the trouble when I needed to do some cleaning.

So everything was working as expected .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors