Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Matt_Garrett
New Contributor

Unable to delete FortiManager ADOM (5.4)

We are unable to delete ADOMs even thought it appears we have removed the FortiGate from the ADOM first.

Error is "Unable to delete because ADOM is not empty"

Cannot delete from CLI either

Error is

Device manager error: -1

Command fail. Return code -160

Any thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

pls help do a check if there still has device group configured, if yes, pls delete device group also and then try delete ADOM again.

Thanks

Simon

Matt_Garrett

Simon-

Good to hear from you.  I do not believe we have device groups setup here and I am not certain I understand where that would be in FMG.  Can you tell me how to verify the settings?

Thank you,

Matt

scao_FTNT

I upload a pic in my previous note, so in FMG Device Manager left tree, if you can see any group there?

Thanks

Simon

Matt_Garrett

Simon-

It does not appear that we are using groups.  I also verified that we do not have any scripts, script groups, firmware images or provisioning templates in any of the menus.

Thank you,

Matt

ergotherego

Does the default policy package still exist? I have seen that in FMG 5.4 where if you delete the default PP, you can no longer delete the ADOM. If that is the issue, you can just re-add it manually using the name 'default'.

Alex_G

ergotherego - how do you tell if the default policy package still exist? Is it under the System Templates? 

Alex_G

I just checked and the Default Policy Package is present. I am still not able to delete the ADOM. Any other thoughts? 

sridharsre
New Contributor II

Me too facing the same issue

Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Warmest Regards, Sri Sre
Rystan

I've got FMGR VM64 v 5.4.3, and I cannot delete empty ADOM either. It says that "Unable to delete because ADOM is not empty", while it is empty. I also rebooted the whole VM, and I tested it on a few other empty ADOMs, the same problem appeared. 

Can it be the permissions issue? I'm not logged in as the global admin, however I'm able to delete the devices, so I thought the same set of permissions apply. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors