Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jmcharrier
New Contributor II

Unable to connect with FortiClient VPN on Dell Latitude 7350

Hi all,

To summarize, FortiClient does not work on Dell Latitude 7350, because of the Intel BE200 card.

I can't get the prompt for the token.

In the logs, I can see "no response from the peer".

It works on wired connection, and it works also with an external USB wifi adapter.

Apparently, FortiClient and the Intel BE200 card are incompatible. What can be done in this case?

20 REPLIES 20
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Why would a WiFi card have any impact on a VPN client?  How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion?

jmcharrier

It works if I open a connection via an other wifi card (adapter).

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Try to change the driver or downgrade it.

AEK
AEK
jmcharrier
New Contributor II

I have tried the last driver provided by Dell, and also a newer one provided by Intel. I will try to find an older one.

Zquiel
New Contributor

Try to uninstall the current dell or intel driver and install the driver recommended by windows, this worked on our laptop which uses the same wifi card. The notebook in question are the Dell XPS 13.

jmcharrier
New Contributor II

I tried this. Windows installed an Intel driver, but not the latest one. But Windows 11 is the latest version, and that might be the problem, I will try to get an older driver, not officially compatible with this laptop model.

jmcharrier
New Contributor II

After hours of investigation, I give up. FortiClient definitely does not work on this PC with this wifi card. I will provide the user with a wifi dongle (and in this case it works).

leasj
New Contributor II

This may sound bizarre but I was having similar issues. Installed Wireshark and it suddenly started working. Tested this on two laptops with the intel AC 9462 card and it works perfectly fine now

AEK

Probably Wireshark has installed some network library.

AEK
AEK
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors