Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ismailRajiawate
New Contributor

Unable to connect Internet once VPN is connected.

Hello,
I am using MacBook Pro M3 with macOS Sonoma 14.4.1. Facing a challenge to connect to the internet while connecting VPN.
The internet is working fine through Wifi. Once I connect the VPN (FortiClient), I am unable to access the internet. None of the sites are accessible. Could you please assist me on how I can fix it. The VPN Config is working find with internet on Window OS Machine.

Thanking you in anticipation.

4 REPLIES 4
rtanagras
Staff
Staff

Hi @ismailRajiawate - Perhaps you're on a full tunnel instead of split tunnel? If so, you should have a policy from the VPN interface to the WAN, and NAT should be enabled.

Best,
Ricky
dbu
Staff
Staff

Hi @ismailRajiawate 
What is the FortiGate firmware version ? 
Have you checked at which interface is the traffic trying to leave ?   
Do a traceroute 8.8.8.8

Also run command "netstat -rn" on MacOS after you connect to VPN to understand more from routing persoective.

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
LunarEcho
New Contributor II

If updating doesn't do the trick, you could try this: disconnect from the VPN, forget the WiFi network, reconnect to the WiFi, and then give the VPN another shot.

nustak1
New Contributor

Try different browsers or software apps. I usually prefer Firefox, but one downside of Firefox is that it can be kind of weird with VPN sometimes. Like if you use before you fire up NordVPN, it'll act as if internet access has been cut off, or vice versa. So I make a point of only using Firefox after NordVPN is up and running. For your purposes here, you can test whether your internet connect is still good if other internet-dependent apps and browsers work after NordVPN is on.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors