Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OnITAD
New Contributor

Unable to allow Fortitray in Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1 (Forticlient VPN Only)

Hello

we have a problem that we unable to allow fortitray. If we try to use Forticlient VPN only version to connect to our vpn, it prompts a windows that Fortitray needs to be allowed. If we press on open security & privacy it just shows the general screen of security & privacy and not the windows where you can allow fortitray.

We were using Forticlient 7.0.3 and upgraded to 7.0.7 but the issue persists.

1 Solution
gfleming

Well no idea why your OS is showing blank info there. Perhaps something to look into on your side. But for now why not just try enabling both of those items and restarting. One of them is most likely FortiTray.

Cheers,
Graham

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
gfleming
Staff
Staff

What about trying 7.0.8? Or 7.2?

Can you show a screen shot of the error?

Cheers,
Graham
OnITAD

Its 7.0.8 VPN only verson.

like I wrote there is no error per se. Fortitray has be allowed to able to use forticlient. 
When you try to connect to the VPN with forticlient , a window pops up that fortitray needs to allowed. Then you can press on securiy & privacy but it just goes back to overall view of  security & privacy. Normally another windows pops up so you can allow fortitray. But that is no where to be found. 

gfleming

It's been awhile since I installed FCT on a Mac but I'm pretty sure the FortiTray notification is for allowing VPN connections.

What happens when you try to connect to a VPN?

Cheers,
Graham
OnITAD

Like I wrote...

" When you try to connect to the VPN with forticlient , a window pops up that fortitray needs to allowed. Then you can press on securiy & privacy but it just goes back to overall view of security & privacy"

gfleming

So I went ahead and installed this myself to see  what you were up against

I asked you for a screen shot of the error you said there was no error? However I got a very clear error dialog that popped up:

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 8.48.24 PM.png

Had  you just shared that when I asked I could have pointed you in the right direction and got this sorted a lot more quickly as it clearly states what you need to do.

Anyway, if you're still lost, you just need to open System Preferences (as it does for you when you click the Open Security & Privacy button) and press the "Allow" button next to the System Software request for FortiTray.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 8.50.58 PM.png

Easy peasy.

Cheers,
Graham
OnITAD

Unfortunately that it didnt show like your screenshot

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 09.54.25.png

If you press on details 

image (3).png

it shows this 

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 09.56.57.png

gfleming

Well no idea why your OS is showing blank info there. Perhaps something to look into on your side. But for now why not just try enabling both of those items and restarting. One of them is most likely FortiTray.

Cheers,
Graham
OnITAD

Well we did enable it even we couldnt see what it was..After that it did seem to work.
I just dont get why the setting looks like this. 

gfleming

IMO that is a macOS issue. You have two extensions showing blank. Not just FortiTray is affected here....

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors