Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JOSIAH_BOZIAH
New Contributor III

Unable to add my active ISP WAN interface as SD_WAN Member to a SD_ZONE

Unable to add my active ISP WAN interface as SD_WAN Member to a SD_ZONE , the interface does not show up when adding it to a SD-WAN zone. This is for my home lab, I am  running forti os 6.4.5. my  ISP WAN 2 is down. cable is connected, because i only have 1 ISP connection, but i still assigned IP to it.  

10 REPLIES 10
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Are you able to configure the WAN interface as SD_WAN member? Can you share the configuration?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

usually interace not showing up in sd-wan member setup means mostly that there is some reference to it that still exists. You will have to remove any reference to that interface(s) to be able to add them to an sdwan zone. 

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
JOSIAH_BOZIAH
New Contributor III

can you assist me how to remove the reference? will that affect my internet connection?

Shilpa1
Staff
Staff

Hello JOSIAH_BOZIAH,

This article describes, how to check where and how an object is being used - via GUI or CLI.
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Note-How-to-Check-Referenced-Objects/ta-p/1948...

Regards,
Shilpa C.P

sw2090
Honored Contributor

if the reference is a policy (and I bet it is *g*) and you remove it on the FGT (i.e. on the fly) it will of course affect everything that matches the policy. If that's your internet policy it will affect your internet connection.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
JOSIAH_BOZIAH
New Contributor III

i dont want my internet connection afftected,. 

Brym
Staff
Staff

you will need to remove all references to be able to do add it to SDWAN

from GUI to know where the interface is refrenced :

go to network > interfaces> locate your interface on all right you will see refrence and click on the number and will show where it is refrences (usally static route and policies)

using CLI you can use the following

show | grep -f wan1

change wan1 to the name of your ISP interface if it not wan1

JOSIAH_BOZIAH
New Contributor III

i dont want my internet connection afftected

saneeshpv_FTNT

Hi,

In version 7 onward there is an option to Migrate an interface to an active SDWAN zone using the wizard.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Migrate-Physical-Interface-to-SDWAN-zone/t...

With the above option, you can migrate your link with a very minimal interruption (May be you are already aware of this feature).

As I could see you are using 6.4, you need to perform all these steps manually and there could be chances that you end up having a longer interruption.

Unfortunately, you couldn't avoid the interruption, because you have referenced your physical interface is Firewall policies and routes and you are going to replace them with your SDWANZone which will introduce some interruption.

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors