Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fcoppotelli
New Contributor

Unable to access to guest and contractors on FortiNAC after upgrade

error FortiNAC.PNGHi everybody,

After upgrading our #FortiNAC and #Fortinac Manager fro 9.2 to 9.4 I'm not able to access some configuration such as guest and contractors and portal configuratio

The users and their privileges are the same, with the 9.2 version I was able to everything (admin profile) but after the upgrade I cannot.

I created also a new user with all the privileges but when I try to access to the guest and contractor section i have the following message: You do not have the permission to access this page.

How can I fix this issue???

Thaks

Fabio

1 Solution
ebilcari

The setup may be affected by this known issue: 941175 - Admin UI showing error "You do not have permission to access this page" for specific pages as seen in the release notes.

This is seen on setups with a manager but will not affect any services and the GUI error may appear and disappear randomly. It will be permanently fixed in next GA release.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Can you check if the manager has a license other than BASE? If for some reason the license has changed to BASE it will not include the Guest/Portal capabilities (DS page 10)

The licensetool run from CLI may help (both on CA and NCM):

> licensetool
EFFECTIVE:
serial = FNVMCATM1111111
type = NetworkControlApplicationServer
level = PRO
count = 100000
expiration = 31622400000
expired = false

Also include the current build of 9.4 that you are running, there were a known issue that may cause this behavior.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
fcoppotelli

Hi Emirijon,

thanks for your reply.

Following our licensetool status:

FortiNAC FN7HCA
root@fortinac-rmn-1:~
> licensetool
EFFECTIVE:
serial = FN7HCATA21000008
type = NetworkControlApplicationServer
level = PRO
count = 4000
expiration = 0
expired = false
mac = 2C:EA:7F:64:0F:1C
uuid = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
certificates = [928413253ef61387d0d032ddc2c46dab4b7280b5, 3f00f527c9930e7ca36dc7148bedc0ba198c97cb]

The installed version is : v9.4.4.0767 (GA)

Thanks

Fabio

ebilcari

The setup may be affected by this known issue: 941175 - Admin UI showing error "You do not have permission to access this page" for specific pages as seen in the release notes.

This is seen on setups with a manager but will not affect any services and the GUI error may appear and disappear randomly. It will be permanently fixed in next GA release.

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors