Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tyler_woods
New Contributor

Unable to access management

Hello... so I have a weird issue with my FortiGate 60D HA pair. This is a new installation and running v5.6.0 build1449 (GA). 

I can access the individual node management without issue; one on 10.50.2.2 and the other on 10.50.2.5. Internal1 is configured as 10.50.2.1 and both internal1 ports from each node are plugged into the switch on the same VLAN as the node management ports. Everything at this site works just as it should except I can't access management on the 10.50.2.1 address. 

All the appropriate check marks to permit SSH, HTTP/S, and whatnot are selected. Have another pair of these boxes in HA running an older version and I can access the .1 without issue. Though the difference there is the .1 is a subinterface address and not physical. Policies are in place allowing my segment of 10.6.0.0/16 to 10.50.2.0/24 on those interfaces. 

Any ideas on where to look? Shall I post the configuration? 

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

The cli cmd  diag debug flow is what I would start with. Do not forget to look at 

trusthost and  local-in firewall policies

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
tyler_woods

Thank you. 

Tried the debug and I'm not getting the command correct to show me anything. Checked trusthost already and opened it to everything just for testing and that was a no go. Policies look good and should be good considering I can get to the node managements that are on the same segment. 

Not sure the issue but not a huge deal since I can get to each node without issue. Just a general wonderment mostly and trying to understand this better. Apparently I'm missing something. 

Thank you again.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors